Monday, September 10, 2012

The Commitments

I've tied, albeit unsuccessfully, to write more. Be it here or a feature screenplay, or anything, I allow life to take over and writing takes a backseat. I know I'm not the only writer to struggle with it so I take some comfort in the universality of it but it resist the tendency. One of the main hindrances is my internal editor. I do write things but a piece of me, a rather loud and controlling piece, declares it's not ready and must be finessed. So I put it in the queue with the other ideas awaiting my editing attention, and there it lives. Writing purgatory. Well, it's time to resurrect them but before I do I must conquer perfectionism. Or, is that a contradictory statement? Regardless, I think I need to learn just to get my ideas out, polished or not. And what better way then through my blog. Even though I have fewer followers than fingers on one hand you will nevertheless encourage me and hold me accountable to this decision. Especially in the wake of so many awesome things happening these days, particularly in film. Documenting it will help me remember in the future. So tomorrow, I will post something. Maybe brief, incoherent, a partial thought but it will be something. I'm inclined at this point to discuss my current endeavor, Radiologie Co., the video production company I started with my friend/collaborator. Until then...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment