Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Look = New Direction

I haven't written anything here in a long time. Almost ten months. Writing was initially put on hold as my wife and I bought our first home. But then California's economy struck my employer. Only a few survived. I was not one.

Coincidentally, a few weeks prior to all this I had been wrestling with God. I wanted an answer and wouldn't let go until I got one! Are my dreams and His plans one and the same? Would I produce full-length feature films and hour-long TV dramas? Or, continue to perform administrative duties at an educational institution, doing the occasional short film here and there? I took a week off from media and listened. And listened. And listened. It was kind of like Naaman in 2 Kings. He had to dip seven times into the Jordan to be healed of his leprosy. He kept dipping and dipping, and nothing. I wonder if he felt like giving up on #5 or 6 because I did. But I couldn't give up that easily. This is my love and passion. At the end of the week I had what I had sought, a direction. A purpose. A promise! "Pursue your dreams and I'll take care of your family".

So no longer am I a Frustrated Filmmaker trying to put food on the table and make films but a Journeyman Filmmaker, taking my past experiences and leaping into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment