Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Great is Thy Faithfulness and New Every Morning

It's been a while since I posted here. With the holidays and family coming in from Illinois I didn't have any time to sit and write. But life is back to Normal, or at least my sister is (I'm originally from Normal, IL).

As I sit down to write Aerosmith's "Amazing" is playing. And the chorus is very fitting to what I have been thinking about:
It's Amazing
With the blink of an eye you finally see the light
It's Amazing
When the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright

Yeah, yeah, I know some may consider the "Get A Grip" album to be a sell-out but I have a fond place in my heart for it. It came out while I was in high school. Plus it's relevant to my current thought, hope. You see during my winter break (my job gave me a week+ off) my family and I cleaned out the house and the garage. And I mean cleaned. We pitched and donated, sorted and organized, Swiffer-ed and polished. It was very energizing. I think and work better in clean, clutter-free environments. So my office, aka the garage, has once more been reclaimed. I raised my own Iwo Jima flag.

So 2011 and filmmaking are already starting off on the right foot. A little tidying up here and there and I'm ready to work. My game plan is to complete a small project I started a few months back with a musician friend of mine, Elaine, then move onto a larger project I started in 2009, "Wanted". The challenge will be to stay focused on them until they're done. This is my inspiration:



Yo Joe!

2 comments:

  1. "Back To Normal" is a great title for an indie movie about going home- has it been taken?

    Sell outs? I never considered Aerosmith to be purists in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a film called "Leaving Normal", kind of a "Thelma & Louis" rip-off.

    I can't really speak to the Aerosmith comment. I grew up with folks in Illinois who consider the 70s the "purist" phase. I was honoring them.

    ReplyDelete